Saturday, February 7, 2009

Where's the Quiz? (Time's Up, Pencils Down...in other words, winners already announced)

So, the big quiz has been put on hold. Why you ask? Because my brain has been mulling over a plan much more exciting! ASAP I will share the details. I have been tagged a few times with the "25 Random Things About You" deal. Since the quiz is being put on the back burner, I'm doing this instead....but, adding a little twist. I will list 26 things, instead of 25. One item on the list is false.

Guess the false item and win a super cool tshirt from Little Brother's website! In the event of more than one correct guess, I'm goin' old school...names of correct guessers will be placed in a bowl, the Captain will draw a name...oh what the heck, Captain will draw two names. That's right, two people will get a super cool tshirt! Fun stuff!

Good Luck, and here goes:

1.) I have a half-dollar sized, red birthmark on my elbow. When I was little, Snarky Mama told me Heavenly Father put it there because I was special.

2.) Until blogging, I had no idea the intense passion I have for writing. KC Mom inspired me to begin blogging.

3.) Snarky Mama entered Law School at age 47, she graduated the same year she turned 50.

4.) I hate the way cotton balls feel. Kinda makes my teeth hurt.

5.) I am not afraid or even hesitant to compliment others.

6.) When I was a kid, back in the days of full service gas stations, I wanted to be an attendant
so I could wash everyone's windshields.

7.) My only real regret in life is that I took the cowardess' way out of a relationship in college. I have apologized to, and been forgiven by, the guy. But, I still feel like a horse's rear end when I think of it.

8.) When I was 16, I was attending one of Other Little Brother's baseball games, a foul ball smacked me in the head, and I ended up with amnesia for three days. During most of the first day, my family thought I was kidding, and didn't get me any help.

9.) I've never been captivated by celebrities. I would not wait hours in line to meet anyone or wait hours in line to buy tickets to watch them do whatever it is they do. I discourage my children from looking up to celebrities and overpaid athletes as role models.

10.) The Captain and Snarky Mama were lab partners in an Organic Chemistry class.

11.) My parents lost their insurance coverage because I:
hit two mailboxes...rear ended two cars...let my boyfriend drive my car and we had a wreck...put my car in reverse, did not look behind me, and hit my mom's van....all before I was 17.

12.) I want a tattoo, but will never get one.

13.) I was hit by a car when I was 2 years old.

14.) Jill has no idea, but she helped me tremendously when I was going through "PaxHell"...Paxil withdrawals.

15.) My friend Shauna is just as funny, if not funnier, than any stand up comedian or celebrity. So are Little Brother and Other Little Brother.

16.) The Captain is my best friend, and truly one of the most humble men you could ever meet.

17.) When I was in sixth grade, I really wanted to dress up as Sandy, post-makeover...the heels, the leather, etc. Snarky Mama wouldn't let me. I had to be Sandy, pre-makeover.
Can you say B-O-R-I-N-G?!

18.) I have been stuck in an elevator on three separate occasions...one involved having to contact the fire department.

19.) I disliked high school more than I liked it. Most days I thought it sucked.

20.) I am intolerant of intolerant people, judgemental of judgemental people, and those lacking common courtesy and/or basic manners drive my crazy!

21.) At this point, I am guessing you are probably tired of hearing random things about me.

22.) Singing in front of people is the only thing that has ever made me uncontrollably nervous.

23.) I believe there is far more gray in this world than black and white.

24.) I will never buy a Kindle because I love the feel of a book in my hand. The textures, the smells, I love everything about holding a real book.

25.) I am not afraid to experiment with different hair styles, and colors.

26.) My absolute MOST embarrassing moment involves my first date. I was 16. The story is so horrifically embarrassing that it deserves a post all its own.

Alrighty then, time for you to get guessing! Which one of the above statements is false?

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Attention Snarkettes:
All I can say is that if anyone deserves a freakin' t-shirt, Snarky Mama and Papa do for surviving the raising of Snarky Belle!

It should read:

Raising Snarky
One "belle" of a journey! (j.k.)

I will give y'all one clue. The answer is NOT #20!!!! Just in case you are a first time reader!!

Kelly Bennett said...

#9???????????

colleen said...

OK- If I had to guess it would be between 10 & 13. I will go with 10. We have to talk about the tattoo thing!!!

Anonymous said...

or it could say:
Snarky...
A "belle" raising experience!

or
Raising Snarky
A "belle" of a good time!

(sorry...I am so on a roll now!)
bobble head design team..call in the t-shirt team...this could get crazy)

La Yen said...

I don't know. Not even close. So 22.

Em said...

i'm goin' with 8!!! it's my favorite number and i really will be shocked if it's true! i smell a lie;-)
btw, pick your treat and email me your address so i can send it to you! can't wait to send you your goodies!!!
emilygibson82@yahoo.com

karen said...

I'm going to guess #6.

L said...

This is tough but I am guessing #10. I hope I win and I hope it's a Snarkette Tshirt. :-)

MammaWarrior said...

I barely know you but #25?? I can hardly believe you are afraid to make a change in your hair.. You are pretty daring I would say :)

The Valsy said...

Golly,
I think 22--either there are other things that make you uncontrollably nervous or you were never nervous at all.

I used to hang out at the gas station in high school with my buddies who worked there so that I could wash windshields for patrons. :) Loved it.
Love you

Rachel Mohat said...

Im going to go with 21, you Don't think we are really tired of hearing random things about you because we love to read about you Nat!

Susan Anderson said...

I'm guessing # 1 is the lie.

I wouldn't be surprised if you already have a tattoo, by the way...but since you said you "will never get one" in the future tense, I'm not picking that one (now that the no-tatts edict has been handed down, lol).

The truth is, your life sounds so eventful that any one of these could be a lie! But it was fun guessing...

(It's also hard for me to believe that you didn't know you had a passion for writing before blogging. I almost chose that one.)

Fun! Thanks for letting us play... =)

jen said...

I've only been reading for a few days, and I wish I had time to reserve judgment and investigate all the entries. My only hope is that it's not 26, because I thoroughly look forward to that entry.
Randomly, without rereading them, I guess #17

jen said...

Dang. Now that I reread them, I know I didn't want to be Sandy, but most girls did.
I'm screwed.

Gretchen said...

I have no idea, but my guess is #25. Just from seeing your picture here, I guess I don't see you as a blonde or a red head.

MammaWarrior said...

Thank you Natalie! My heart is broken

Shelly said...

This being my first post to read of yours.....I know nothing about you!

#22

Unknown said...

I've been MIA all weekend!
Okay...most of these I know for a fact...except #6.
I've never heard you say that before!!
So, my pick is 6.

I am LoW said...

#21 is my guess.

I also CAN'T STAND cotton balls. Yikes!

-clevergirl said...

I am guessing number 8.

Shauna said...

First of all thanks...I am crazy not funny! But at least I have you fooled. I guess #12

Snarky Belle said...

Time's Up. Pencils Down.