Monday, February 9, 2009

Time's A Wastin'

Have you entered your guess yet? NO?? Well, go ahead. Scroll down, read my last post,
and participate. Winners will be announced tonight! But, of course you are all winners in my
book!

Also, for your pondering pleasure.....
I am thinking that much of what is included in this "stimulus" bill really belongs
within general appropriations. But this way, Democrats can continue painting their skewed version of Republicans. You know the Republicans: those cold-hearted, bitter, elitist, capitalist pigs that loathe the poor, don't care if little children lack healthcare, and hope to destroy the environment. This way Democrats can yell things like: Get over it, we won, stop hindering progress, sore losers...which, by the way, I actually heard a lot of as I watched this play out on CSPAN.

Hey Nancy, Harry, Barbara (Boxer)...did I get that description correct? Of course I did. Since Republicans are not afraid to stand firm and reject this pork-laden bill, they will continue to be tagged the bad guys. There will be insults and insinuations that Republicans really don't care. Our President can visit the suffering town in Indiana, step up to his bully pulpit, demand that Republicans stop playing games, demand they take action before the responsibility for this nation's undoing falls at their doorstep. Never mind that the actions don't belong in this bill. It is not a matter of, at this point anyway, whether or not these things are needed. It is a matter of them belonging somewhere else. How, EXACTLY, is it that infrastructure projects not scheduled to begin for 4-5 years STIMULATE our economy right now? Again, this is not to say those projects are unnecessary, not to say they wouldn't create jobs. I am just more interested in what happens now...IF we are, in fact, looking for stimulus.

8 comments:

The Valsy said...

Spoken like a true teacher. "You are all winners in my book!" Man, I am still wishin' you taught my kids.
Love you

Susan Anderson said...

I was also surprised to read elsewhere that only 8% of the bill as it stands is related to "infrastruture."

Susan Anderson said...

OOPS. Make that "infrastructure." (I make tons of typos on my new laptop.) Why is it so much harder to type on these things??

Anonymous said...

This is when y'all know Snarky truly is a southern belle....

"Time's A Wastin'"
Shor nuf is...now all you folks git busy! :):)

p.s. Sue, you are right! I make twice my normal mistakes when on my laptop!

karen said...

I agree. The whole thing makes no sense at all. The emperor has no clothes, and very few have the courage to say so.

Em said...

hahahaha, i TOTALLY thought you wrote "pork loin bill." really, i had to read it twice. ooooo, i hope i win!!!

Shauna said...

I think Nancy needs a little stimulus of her own...if you know what I mean. Then she might loosen up a little. Please would one of you Democrats.. all for helping the needy take one for the team.

I am LoW said...

Our dollars will be as monopoly money. What a mess. And my 7 year old wanted me to explain it all to her... how do you? "WEll, you will be paying this, as will your children and their children..."