Not in July. Now I say, NOW. And yes, I am stomping my feet and slapping things around. Ok, I feel better. Glad to have gotten that out of my system.
So many exciting things are happening. I've got to learn how to manage "good stress" as opposed to the bad kind. I'm a pro at handling "bad stress". It's second nature to me. But the good kind makes me nervous. I keep waiting for that punch straight to the gut. Last night Snarky Mama told me to "stop borrowing trouble". She's right, as usual. It's just a strange phenomenon to me...hard work finally paying off, coming out of the tunnel after so many years of following the light at the end of it...you get my drift.
The Captain & I have been married for almost 16 years. We finished our undergrad schooling together. It was rather uneventful. And then, someone must have yelled "ACTION" because these are the major things that happened next, minus your day-to-day stresses (to get the full affect, read this list aloud without taking a breath): we moved to Dallas, The Captain went to Chiropractic school, we buried a child, I taught school, we had Eleven Year Old, we moved to Mississippi, we opened a Chiropractic/Wellness Center, we realized we were beyond naive (and that's putting it SO very mildly), I continued teaching, The Captain joined the Army, we had Seven Year Old after a difficult pregnancy, three days after my c-section The Captain left to start med school, two weeks after c-section the boys and I joined him in Kansas City, I started working from home, we had Princie, moved to El Paso for internship, I continue working from home, moved to Maryland to complete Residency at Walter Reed, more working from home, The Captain is working a ridiculous amount of hours, I start teaching preschool, new orders informing us of our upcoming move to Georgia, Residency will be over in June........
What? What's that I see? Am I finally seeing more light than tunnel? Ok, so I can breathe now? Is that what you're telling me? I like the sound of it, I really do. I'm just a little skeptical. I'm nervous. But, as of now, I'm going to try and focus on what's right in front of me. While all of the exciting things happening bring with them a level of stress, it's a good kind. And, I'm thankful for what's up ahead, at the end of the tunnel. (Even as I write this, a tiny voice in the back of my mind says: "But you don't really know what's up ahead, you better not get too excited?") Ughhh, what is my problem?!? Am I greatly lacking in faith? I don't want to think so, but maybe that's just exactly what my problem is.
STOP BORROWING TROUBLE!
In order to follow that advice, I won't be around much this week. I have GOT to start working out, and I tend to blog in place of exercise. This week, I will be getting myself on a routine. I'll be clearing my head, and making decisions. Then, I'll be ready to roll in this spot again. For now, I leave you with some of the many things running around in my head:
- buying a house
- Princie beginning OT
- my upcoming blog makeover (YIPPEE!)
- my business idea
- The Captain told me it's highly possible he could be deployed six months after we move to Georgia
- choosing the best neighborhood for our kids
- Eleven Year Old beginning middle school in the fall
- Princie going to Kindergarten in the fall
- Seven Year Old will be baptized in August...am I doing enough to get him ready for such an experience...probably not
- the letter I'm writing to the head of the Southern Baptist Convention
- my tribute to some lovely ladies (way past due)
- my essay on the "Princess Mentality"
- the mountain of laundry waiting for me upstairs
- the fact that I would rather dig a ditch than work out
- responding to the Sisterhood Award
- why do people care what kind of dog the First Kids have
- why do left-wingers, and the media, enjoy perpetuating class warfare
- why do I like food so much