Thursday, September 3, 2009

Mmmmm, Kool Aid Tastes Goooood

Thank you Sue for sharing the following video and giving me a laugh today!
Sue rocks.


Thank you Fiauna for your most recent post.
You have done a great service by raising awareness.
I agree that helping others is exactly what we should be doing; however, pledging to be a servant of a man is not something that makes me comfortable...in fact, I find it beyond creepy. No one should misconstrue this and insinuate that I am opposed to lifting and helping others. I'm just not a fan of celebrity ramblings and I find it sadly amusing that none of these people thought service was important before November 2008. I'm also concerned so many have forgotten that our elected officials work for the American people, not the other way around. I respect that Fiauna mentions not rushing "headlong into a political debate". I appreciate the thoughts she shared! Please read Fiauna's post. It's full of sincerity and common sense.
Can't beat that!

9 comments:

Fiauna said...

I'm glad you approved of my post. I usually don't post things like that (too afraid of offending), but this time I felt I had to. I really admire your posts, though.

Fiauna said...

Oh, and Sue's video had me laughing tears!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Okay, that video is hilarious!

And, somebody just sent me the video in Fiauna's post. So incredibly disturbing.

And, the fact that I keep seeing this on facebook "No one should die because they cannot afford health care. No one should go broke because they get sick. No one should be denied medical care by their own insurer. No one should stay in a job because they are afraid to lose their insurance. If you agree, post as your status for today." is getting to me, too!

It's like there is no grey area for some people. I'm not anti-some sort of reform. But this kind? Yeah, I'm sure that nobody will be sick again if the government takes over...then everybody gets treatment and I'm sure all of the doctors will stay in business and we'll have enough of everything to go around.

Stepping down now..sorry to vent.

Unknown said...

I loved that video too! If I were smart enough to talk politics and government...that song would be the way I'd do it!

SnarkyMama said...

OH MY GOSH!!! That is the best thing I have seen and/or heard in a very very very long time...Love it!

Susan Anderson said...

Glad you liked my post, Natalie. I'm always reluctant to put up videos, to tell the truth, but this one deserved to be seen so I just went ahead and posted it anyway.

The comedian who wrote/performed it is pretty funny.

=)

Carly said...

I watched both videos today. One made me laugh, and the other made me want to throw up. Guess which is which? I pledge to continuing questioning authority, and to also continue my policy of ignoring celebrities' political views when they choose to spout them. I would hate for them to stop, because how else will I know what to do the exact opposite of?

Karen said...

Funny, funny video! Yet it is also disturbing and a little scary. Thanks for the point to Fiauna's post - that was really disturbing, at first I thought it was okay and then horror upon horror as it continued. Truly I am speechless.

Aubrey :) said...

I watched the video in Fiauna's blog. Holy crappppppppp. What an effed up world we live in.