Friday, August 7, 2009

Prayers

Well I've finally made it home. I am looking forward to getting caught up on all of your blogging goods. And, I have tons of pictures & stories to tell. But, today is not the day.

Today, I am pleading for your prayers on behalf of my little boyfriend and his family. The little guy is not doing well. My heart is too heavy for words to express it. He should be starting kindergarten this month, not lying in a hospital bed with erratic vitals and unresponsiveness. This child is one who laughs and loves freely. He is the happiest kid I've ever known, and in the past weeks has reminded his family to "smile even though our hearts are hurting". Truly an amazing child. And I will be forever honored to know I was his first crush. Funny isn't it...how such silly, trivial things like being a five year old's first crush or remembering a smile and wave nonchalantly shared in a preschool hallway can suddenly become the very things we cling to in times of heartache and sadness. The tiny things that I never would've imagined I'd someday be thanking God for...but today, that's just what I'm doing.

Please pray for him. Pray for his sisters as they are beginning to fully realize the severity of this situation. Please pray for his doctors. And, of course for his parents. They are facing heartwrenching decisions. Decisions that no parents should have to make. Many of you are all too familiar with the pain they are facing now and will face very soon....if they do not get their miracle. The Sliker family needs peace and comfort, please pray they can feel both. Thank you! Sincerely.

12 comments:

Susan Anderson said...

He and his family will definitely be in my prayers. And so will you, Natalie.

=)

Lindsay said...

I will pray...

Unknown said...

Added to my prayer roll.

jen said...

Prayers for peace, theirs and yours.

Have a blessed day! said...

Praying from KC for this sweet spirit.

Barbara said...

I may not pray but I'm sending healing thoughts to your little boyfriend.

And a hug for you.

xxx

caitsmom said...

Thinking and hoping for health for the little guy and his family. Peace.

Karen said...

Prayers are on their way!

Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

Praying here, sweet friend...

SnarkyMama said...

So sad....so very sad.

Shauna said...

they will be in our prayers.

Mary said...

I am praying that your little boyfriend recieves a miracle. And that the family find strength at this time.

((hugs))